Buscando la solución al error de toner encontré la siguiente solución que no me funcionó tal cual, pero me dió una pista:
TONER SENSOR RESET ON A C5800
This probably won’t help if you have physical damage to the toner drum
- Just like all other instructions, get into the special menu by holding down the menu+ and menu- keys while turning the unit on.
- When you see the message “OKIUSER” CAREFULLY release both buttons at the same time.
- Use the menu- or the menu+ to get to “ENGINE DIAG MODE”.
- Press enter. DIAGNOSTIC MODE XX.XX.XX will appear.
- Now press both the online and the back buttons, and “ENG DIAG LEVEL 4” will be displayed.
- Press enter.
- Press menu+ twice to “ENGINE PARAMETER SET 2”
- Press enter.
- Press menu+ twice to get to “TONER SENSOR ENABLE” (with a * in the lower right hand of the display window.
- Press enter and the word “ENABLE” will begin to blink, indicating it can be changed.
- Press menu+ and the word will change to “DISABLE”, still blinking. This is a toggle, make sure to not hit the button twice.
- This is the important step: simultaneously press the online, cancel, and back buttons, and let them all go simultaneously. this sets your selection.
- There are other things that can be done here in the same fashion, but that is out of the scope of this document.
- Use the “BACK” and the “MENU-” keys to back out all the way to the message “INITIALIZING”, then power off, wait 10 seconds, and power back on.